Photo (above) courtesy of Big Sandy Area Geocachers of bigsandygeo.com/
Go on a Geocaching Adventure
Geocachers who would like to go on an scenic adventure will find the Hatfield McCoy GeoTrail to be like no other geo trail out there. With hundreds of caches scattered about a variety of locations, from elegant historic downtown areas to beautiful outdoor wildernesses, Pike County is a geocaching hotspot for those who wish to add a heavy dose of adventure to their hunt. In 2012, the Hatfield McCoy GeoTrail reached MEGA status and has been quite successful in drawing in geocachers ever since. Pike County features caches of varying degrees of difficulty, so there is plenty to find for both the seasoned veteran and rookie adventurer.
The Geocaching Community
Pike County geocachers take the art of high tech treasure hunting seriously. The Big Sandy Area Geocachers is a local group of enthusiasts that are devoted to providing the local community and visitors with a wide variety of geocaching resources, as well as a place to gather and enjoy the hobby with like minded adventurers. To learn more about Pike County Geocaching, click here to visit the Big Sandy Area Geocachers website.
GPS Coordinates for Pikeville City Feud Sites
To better assist you in finding some of our most popular sites on the Hatfield McCoy GeoTrail, we have provided below the GPS coordinates for each Pikeville City location.
- Dils Cemetery Gazebo: N 37 28.679 W 082 30.901
- Old Courthouse: N 37 28.757 W 082 31.033
- Ellison “Cottontop” Mounts Historical Marker (UPIKE): N 37 28.773 W 082 31.302
- Old Mccoy House (Chirico’s): N 37 28.924 W 082 30.940
- Roseanna’s Baby’s Gravesite/Aunt Betty’s House: N 37 37.801 W 082 13.234
- Randolph McCoy Home Place (Hardy, KY): N 37 36.188 W 082 12.925
- “Preacher Anse” Hatfield Hog Trial Cabin: N 37 34.810 W 082 10.796
- Hatfield Cemetery (Wash Stand): N 37 34.923 W 082 10.834
- Asa Harmon McCoy Historic Marker: N 37 33.454 W 082 11.505
- Hatfield McCoy Monument (Blackberry): N 37 33.433 W 082 11.804
- Paw Paw Tree Incident: N 37 37.106 W 082 09.912
- “Bad” Frank & Nancy McCoy Phillips Gravesite: N 37 29.540 W 082 09.249
- Perry Cline Gravesite: N 37 28.986 W 082 31.657
Hatfield McCoy GeoTrail Gallery
Where to Find Pike County Tourism CVB
831 Hambley Blvd.
Pikeville, KY 41501
Phone: (800) 844-7453
Tourism Director: Tony Tackett
Click here to visit the Hatfield McCoy GeoTrail website.