Sponsored by the Pike County Fiscal Court, the Pike County Horse Trail Ride at Lick Creek is held June 1st and Sept. 14, 2019 at the South Lake Horse Trail system. This is a free event for horse enthusiasts who wish to enjoy a scenic ride through some of America’s most beautiful back country. Featuring 68 miles of individual trails, and 1800 acres.
Take KY. Highway 1373 off US 460 and proceed 2.7 miles to marked campground and parking.
- Trail ride begins @ 8:00 a.m.
- Dinner is served @ 3:00 p.m.
Trail System Details
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on trails at any time.
- Camping allowed in designated areas.
- Visitors must provide their own horses.
- Arrive early for best parking.
- Limited electrical hookups are available.
- All trails are marked.
- No firearms allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted.
Other Outdoor Adventure Options
Limited traditional and primitive camping is available at Grapevine and Lick Creek area (first come, first serve). Visitors can occupy campgrounds for up to 14 days. Once 30 days have passed, visitors may again occupy the campgrounds.