Taps & Caps, Pikeville’s premiere craft beer fest, is coming to the East Kentucky Expo Center Main Street Plaza, Saturday, September 23, 2017. The event will be held from 2:00 p.m. till 6:00 p.m. Featuring craft beer tasting, beer bites – sliders, BBQ, pizza & wings from local restaurants. Also featuring Artisan Crafts & Breweriana, live music and games.
VIP tickets (Priority entry 2:00-3:00 p.m., souvenir glass, prime promotional gifts, exclusive beer & food selection) will be $45, general tickets (entry at 2:00 p.m., beer & food tickets, souvenir glass) $30.
For more information, contact Minta Trimble, director at (606) 889-2489 or by email at email@example.com
The historic York House of Downtown Pikeville, Kentucky, will be the home of the Khirbet El-Maqatir Biblical Artifacts exhibit. The exhibit opened January 21, 2017, and features over 150 items from ancient Israel, Jordan and the surrounding regions. Some of these artifacts are over 3000 years old, and shine more light on Biblical narratives such as Israel’s struggle against Babylon, to the ministry of Jesus.
What kind of artifacts will be presented?
The collection includes artifacts from the centuries before Abraham, throughout biblical history to the time of Jesus. Some of the highlights include:
- A cuneiform tablet from the time of Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon
- An idol from the time of the biblical patriarchs
- Tiles from the Tenth Roman Legion that destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
- Slingstones from the period of biblical kings (think David and Goliath)
- A 4,000-year-old stone bowl from a site some experts believe is Sodom
- Oil lamps from the time of Abraham to the time of Jesus
- Many more examples of artifacts from the biblical period
Hours of Operation
Hours are Friday 1-5 and Saturday 9-5. Closed for lunch.
Where to Find Biblical Journey Exhibit
223 Main Street
Pikeville, KY 41501
Phone: (606) 422-5952