Running almost the entire length of Eastern Kentucky, the Country Music Highway is a scenic byway devoted to the rich heritage and history of the region. You will be immersed in the traditions of Eastern Kentucky’s mountain music, since this byway has been home to over a dozen well-known country music stars, including Pike County’s own Patty Loveless and Dwight Yoakam. Other Country Music superstars that hail from Pike County’s surrounding area include Chris Stapleton, Tyler Childers, Wynonna Judd, Naomi Judd, Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gayle, Billy Ray Cyrus, Tom T. Hall, Ricky Scaggs, Keith Whitley, and Gary Stewart.
Continuing the Tradition
To this day, there exists a hotbed of talent along the Country Music Highway that is sure to continue our tradition of bringing the world our great brand of music. Where can one take in all this great new music you ask? Below is a list of venues that feature up-and-coming Eastern Kentucky country talent:
Other Country Music Highway Attractions
Eastern Kentucky is ripe with talent, and with plenty of venues within the surrounding area offering top-notch productions featuring the best in country music. Below are some venues located near Pikeville, Kentucky in neighboring towns such as Prestonsburg and Paintsville.
- The Mac Arts Center (Prestonsburg, KY): http://www.macarts.com/
- US23 Country Music Museum, The Sipp Theatre, In the Pines Amphitheater and The Paintsville REC Center (Paintsville, KY): https://paintsvilletourism.com/
- The Paramount Arts Center (Ashland, KY): http://www.paramountartscenter.com/
- Levitt AMP (Whitesburg, KY): https://www.discoverletcher.com/
- The Breaks Interstate Park (Pike County, KY/Haysi, VA): https://www.breakspark.com/
Where to Find Pike County Tourism CVB
831 Hambley Blvd.
Pikeville, KY 41501
Phone: (800) 844-7453
Tourism Director: Tony Tackett